When planning your Kootenay Road Trip, be prepared with all the right gear, maps, and know the safety protocols in our area.
Businesses are following the recommended COVID-19 protocols to ensure you have a relaxing, safe trip. BE SMART when travelling by adhering to these SMART Travel rules:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Measure your physical distancing and take responsibility for your actions.
- Appropriate behaviour is essential: stay in your vehicle when on the ferry, cough into your sleeve, wear a mask in public, wash hands regularly, and travel in small, familiar groups.
- Respect the protocols and culture of our area. Accept the new ways of travelling, which are put in place to keep ALL of us safe. Be kind to other people, do not judge, do not alienate or discriminate because of their choices. You do not know their situation, and until you do, compassion will be your most valuable action.
- Together, through SMART choices, we can all enjoy this amazing region.
Some important resources you’ll want to reference before you go:
- WorkSafeBC Protocols
- BC Parks
- BC Ferries – Stay in your vehicle when on the ferry
- Canada / USA Border
- Gear – be prepared
- Spring can vary from sunny and hot, to cool and wet. Higher elevations are still laden with snow, but lower elevations are fresh, green and full of wonder.
- Summer is typically hot but higher elevations are cool and weather can shift quickly so carry appropriate clothing.
- Fall changes to cooler nights, but days are still plenty warm to relax on the beach or do a ride in the mountains or on the road
If you would like printed Visitor Guides and maps of the Kootenay region, please send us your mailing address.
To learn more about safe travel protocols and what is open during COVID-19 visit the tourism websites.
Enjoy your #KootenayRoadTrip